How to change Account Password for cPanel?
- Login to your cPanel account. (Don’t know how to login to your cPanel account? Click here)
- Locate the category “Security” from the cPanel Home Screen and click on “Password & Security”.
- Inside the “Password & Security” screen, you can proceed to change the password for your account. Also, consider checking the password strength to see if you have weak and strong password. Then click on “Change your password now!” once done entering the password of your choice.
Using the Password Generator
- You can use the “Password Generator” to get a strong system generated password. Just click on the “Password Generator” button on the screen.
- A small screen will pop-up that will give you a system generated password automatically. You can also click on the Advanced Options to set the length of the password, alpha characters and non alpha characters that will be used when generating the password.
- After generating the password, take note of the password given and tick the box for “I have copied this password in a safe place.” then click on “Use Password”. It will be automatically entered on the New Password fields from “Password & Security” screen.
- Just click on “Change your password now!” once done. cPanel will log you out from the system to let you try the new password you have configured. You will also receive an email notification that confirms the password reset for cPanel.
How to change cPanel Account Password via the Clients Area
You can also change the password for your cPanel Account via the Clients Area.
Once logged in to your Billing Account, locate and select the “Services” tab.
Next screen will show you the “My Products & Services”, where you can see the Hosting Services you have from UKHost4u.
From this screen, you can click on the “Active” status or the “Manage Products” for you to get in to the Hosting Service where you want to change the cPanel Account’s password.
Within the selected Product’s screen, you will then see the options “Login to cPanel” and “Change Password”.
You can use the first option and follow the steps from “How to change Account Password for cPanel?” above or just click on the “Change Password” option to proceed on change the password screen.
After entering the new password on the fields, just hit “Save Changes” button to save the chosen new password.