How to add a new user to WordPress
Users in WordPress can edit, create, or manage content based on their assigned role. WordPress user roles are as follows:
- Super Admin – somebody with access to the site network administration features and all other features. See the Create a Network article.
- Administrator (slug: ‘administrator’) – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor (slug: ‘editor’) – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author (slug: ‘author’) – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor (slug: ‘contributor’) – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber (slug: ‘subscriber’) – somebody who can only manage their profile.
To create a new user, first login to the WordPress administrator dashboard.
Now navigate to Users > Add New.
You’ll now be prompted to enter the details for the new WordPress user you wish to add.
Once you’ve filled out the details for the new user, click Add New User to complete the user creation process.