Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
How can I connect to FTP using FileZilla?
FileZilla is a free, open-source FTP client, used for accessing your hosting account’s files. FileZilla can be installed on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
To connect to your hosting account with FTP, please follow below steps –
- Open the FileZilla application
- FileZilla application will load as below image
3. Here-, the user needs to enter FTP connection details.
4. FTP Details can be found in the user’s hosting account’s control panel – either cPanel-, or Plesk.
Host: This field is where the user should enter the FTP hostname. This is typically ftp.yourdomainname.com, or the hostname of the server (for example melon.ukhost4u.com).
Username: This will be the username for the user’s hosting account, or for the FTP account.
Password: This will be either the password for your hosting account-, or for the FTP account.
Port: For FTP connections this is usually 21.
5. Once all details are filled, the user needs to select the “Quickconnect” option
6. When the connection is established, the user is connected to the specified FTP using FileZilla.