Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Versions Of Ruby
UKHost4u supports mainly all the recent releases of Ruby engine. The following versions of Ruby programming language are currently supported by the platform;
While creating a new environment, you can choose the desired version of Ruby with the help of Topology wizard. Also, you can adjust the Ruby version in an existing environment by clicking on the container redeployment.
Create Ruby Environment
1. To create a new Environment, click on the same-named button at the top of the dashboard.
2. Click on the Ruby tab, in the launched Environment Topology wizard. Then, choose the preferred application server, either Apache or NGINX. Now select the appropriate version of Ruby from the central part of the Topology wizard frame
You can also configure other things from the wizard.
4. Modify The Version Of Ruby
You can modify the version of Ruby for an existing environment by clicking on the redeployed containers icon for the preferred environment.
1. You can update the container via these two options;
– Through the topology wizard by clicking on the same-named icon in front of the preferred environment. Then click on the stack version in the middle section of the Topology wizard.
– Via redeployed container tab corresponding to the required node or layer.
2. Modify the following settings in the opened frame;
– Tag: lets you select the required Ruby version.
– Keep Volumes Data: stores data in volumes.
– Simultaneous or Sequential Deployment with delay: specifies whether all containers inside the layer should be redeployed at a single time or one-by-one to prevent downtime.
3. From the Redeploy frame, click on the confirm button.
Just in a few minutes, you will see the updated version of Ruby for your nodes.