Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Zero Code Change Deploy
To host a project, UKHost4u does not enforce the developers to go by certain requirements of fixed infrastructure, patented runtimes, or API, which is quite rare with other cloud hosters. This kind of approach is mandatory when it is about shifting from virtual machines to containers, the disintegration of conventional monoliths to microservices, or transporting from one cloud provider to another.
UKHost4u deployment is undertaken conveniently by using archives (ear, zip, war), URL, GIT/SVN with automatic updates straight from the dev panel or through amalgamated plugins for Maven. This rules out the need for application redesigning. All in all, the entry point is more convenient and seamless with this. It minimizes the go-to-market time and erases vendor lock-in.
The ability to run both cloud-native microservices and legacy monolithic applications depend on Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker. It is able to do so because of the zero code change deploy approach and the support of application and system containers.
Moreover, running and deployment of the applications further, within the containers are not going to be constricted after being migrated from the virtual machines. This lets you;
- Operate multiple services within a single container.
- Work with any needed port node.
- Join several IPv4 or IPv6 per container.
- Write to the remote or local file system.
- Access the containers using SSH with affinity to configuration management equipment like Chef and Puppet.
- Deploy famous control panels for VPS and shared hosting management (cPanel, ISPmanager, Plesk).
- Attempt live migration same as vMotion.
- In the same way, you deploy VMs, deploy the Docker Engine.
- Perform other functions earlier implemented inside VMs.
UKHost4u also contains the same IPs and hostnames for every container after any planned or situational downtime. This lets you free from the need to rewrite them in order to let services keep checking the valid connections.
Deploying Project With Zero Code Change
In order to deploy the project in UKHost4u, follow the steps mentioned below;
1. Firstly, create an environment using the elaborative Topology Wizard using a wide spectrum of pre-configured software. That includes application servers, load balancers, databases, etc.
2. Once a suitable environment is created, you can deploy the application with one of the assisted deployment options:
- Give an archive (ear, war, zip) with prepacked application resources by uploading it on the platform storage or assigning a link to the location it is kept at.
- Pull sources from GIT/SVN repository.
- Utilize amalgamated plugins (Maven).
Once the process is started, all the configurations, load balancers, memory usage tuning, SSL enabling, or IP if required will be automatically managed by the system, irrespective of the deployment type. It is not required to update or change the application source code. You just need to change the custom application settings because of a new location.
So that was an easy way to migrate any application to UKHost4u PaaS from other Cloud platforms, VPS, or VM without any unique code adjustment.